Saturday 19 May 2012

OLD:



 Behind the heavy leaded sill, I sit & rock in my old chair,
I am now old, of knotted vein, gnarled hand & silver hair,
Garbed in knitted drab, wrinkled skin, loose flab, loose sock,
But I ask you please not to tease, & please do not mock,
I lack my teeth, my womanly charm, my flesh of spring,
But in my head I still see, still know, & can still sing,
The images of my past dance within, still lingers,
The memories, playing games with grasping fingers,
Now I see them, then I don´t, they taunt, they dart,
Teasing with their vacant appearances, playing with my heart,
Don´t laugh, I plead, I too have loved beneath many moons,
I too have danced in the nights of countless Junes,
My breasts have been there for men & babes to maul,
I have nurtured, & cared for many & have loved them all,
I have planted a million trees, I have written books,
So please don’t give me those sorry pitying looks,
I have run with wolves & have swam with fish,
I have done all I wanted, I have lived every wish,
I have talked to eagle, lion, dog, cat & horse,
I have no regrets & I have no sad remorse,
My time has come, it´s time to go,
I hear the whispers on winds that blow,
 I put a smile on my old cracked lips, I close my misty eyes,
And I drift up yonder to my home above the skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment