Thursday 24 May 2012

THE DAY:



As I walk out of my front door into the new morning, the little brown owl bade me good day as he closed his sleepy eyes against the golden glow of the fresh dawn. Night´s dew teases my bare toes as I dance across the icy grass. The sun shines upon my cheek, the breeze dances with my hair, teasing & taunting, before running off to play with the jealous trees. seven squirrels scuttled, three rabbits rambled,  bonny blackbirds bobbed, hopeful hoopoes drank at my birdbath, & two red kites hovered & landed by the shimmering swimming pool, where a shy fox had snuck down from the surrounding sierra gelada mountain  to steal a sip before human eyes laid themselves upon the dawn, still heavy in the presence of Morpheus. The early morning temperatures already in their twenties, & the world shines with a promise that has nothing to do with anything else that is not nature alone. it is winter, it is the centre of Benidorm, Spain. Who would think that a day could be so perfect in these circumstances? It just goes to show you, that miracles are all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment