Sunday 27 May 2012

THE GIFT:



Give me not jewels, nor silver nor gold,
Nor travels to places hot, exotic, nor cold,
Give me no chain with pretty locket, nor ring,
Nor pearls dying upon alien string,
Cut me no flowers bleeding sore sap,
Nor place cute puppy upon my old lap,
Give me no oysters, champagne nor wine,
Nor table fit for Queen to dine.

Give me jewels of dew drops & rain,
Travel me through moons that wax & wane,
Smile me daily with sunny glee,
Touch me softly & tell me I´m free,
Sing me a song from days long gone,
Narrate a yarn that starts “once upon”,
These are the gifts I want from you,
Presents free & oh so true.

1 comment:

  1. THE GIFT:

    you are so in touch with the world around you sue. again, your hunger and thirst for the REAL jewels of the world is so apparent in this one!


    "Give me jewels of dew drops & rain,
    Travel me through moons that wax & wane,
    Smile me daily with sunny glee,
    Touch me softly & tell me I´m free"

    ReplyDelete