Tuesday 29 May 2012

HOMAGE TO FEATHERS:



To the squeaks, tweets, squawks, twits, whoops, toots, quacks, song,
To the talons & claws, to legs, delicate & fine, thick & strong,
To bill & beak, whatever size or shape, no matter where,
To eye of hawk, of bead, of every stare, peep & glare,
To eyrie, cave, tree, grass, bush, branch & nest,
To feathers, dun, rainbow, coarse & soft, of wing & breast,
To strutting, swaggering, hopping, swaying & elegant stride,
To diving, swimming, flying, & the magnificent glide,
To eggs, gigantic, tiny & minute, of every colour & hue,
To all my feathered friends & guides, I bow down to you,
I pay you homage & pray you will always be around,
In sky, on water, & on our sacred ground.

1 comment:

  1. "To all my feathered friends & guides, I bow down to you,
    I pay you homage & pray you will always be around,
    In sky, on water, & on our sacred ground."

    An absolutely beautiful tribute to some of the most gentle creatures on our planet. Beautiful Sue...Thanks.

    ReplyDelete