Monday 28 May 2012

DAY DREAMING:



I am in Fortnum & Mason´s elegant tea room, sitting at a small table which is decked in crisp white linen, upon which is set rose-sprigged transparent bone - china, & sparkling silverware shining in the light of the overhead chandelier. I cross my silk-stockinged ankles & slip off my kid gloves as I´m kowtowed to by a frilly - pinnied waitress. I am served my fragrant lapsong-souchong while listening to the elegantly suited & dickie-bowed pianist tickling the ivories of a baby- grand, partly hidden by a tropical palm in the corner by the velvet wine drapes, which obscures the grey morning beyond.I cannot decide whether to sample a Florentine, a cress triangle or violet petite-four from the silver tiered cake stand, when suddenly,...BANG... I am back in my kitchen, in my jim-jams, sipping my chimp brook bond tea in my old familiar chipped mug. Well, come on girls, there is no harm in an everyday housewife dreaming every now & then, is there?

1 comment:

  1. :-) okay, you got me! i was so involved in your little rich girl tale...

    honestly, you look better in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete