Friday 11 May 2012

LULLABY:



Lay your head down to sleep my little one,
The day is closing down,
Purple dusk embraces this dusty old town.
Close your heavy eyelids dusted with  innocence,
Eyelashes caressing your little pink cheek,
Cuddling old teddy; the one with a squeak.
A smile kissing your rosy lip,
Dark curls upon noddy pillow slip.
I love you my baby,
You´re my precious little boy,
My life´s biggest joy.
Snuggle beneath night´s soft sheet,
And deeply, sweetly you will sleep.
You´ll dream o f pink castles high in the sky,
Of dragons & goblins that you´ll defy.
The fairy queen will be your friend,
The tin soldier´s leg shall magically mend,
And ice-cream will be your smile.
You will travel tonight, many a mile,
In the land of bong tree dreams,
Where butterflies dip upon creamy streams,
And dolphins fly up to fluffy green clouds,
Where toys, like people, stand in crowds.
Hush, my little angel, beneath your friend the moon,
Because morning is near, coming far too soon.
Only you can hear the whispering stars,
Only you in a rocket ship, can fly to mars.
the world is yours in the land of sleep,
In the land of fantasy where nobody weeps.
A kiss my cherub, I’ll see you anon,
 Have fun tonight, but come back to mummy at dawn,
Back to where you really belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment