Saturday 12 May 2012

AS A SEAGULL OVER JO´BURG:



I see mimosa in your smile, but you don´t understand,
I don´t belong in your land.
I feel as the seagull flying over Jo´burg,
I don´t belong in your land.
 
I feel gold dust in your touch, but you don´t understand,
I don´t belong in your house,
I feel as the bushman in a suit of lights,
I don´t belong in your house.
 
I taste marula on your lips, but you don´t understand,
I don´t belong in your garden,
I feel as the kudu in the arena,
I don´t belong in your garden.
 
I hear gum-boots in your voice, but you don´t understand,
I don´t belong in your bed,
I feel as the hippo in the sea,
I don´t belong in your bed.
 
Gone, my continent in your love, but you don´t understand,
I don´t belong in your life,
I feel as the woman I am, in your being,
I don´t belong in your life.
 
If I stayed with you, I’d feel as;
The seagull flying over Jo´burg, as
The bushman in a suit of lights, as
The kudu in the arena, as
The hippo in the sea, as
The woman I am, so
Forget about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment