Wednesday 1 January 2014

POTS, PANS AND KETTLES:



“Come & buy my pots, pans & well made kettles,
All hand beaten from the finest of Spanish metals,
Pots for your water, milk, oil & your best kept wine,
You won´t be disappointed & the guarantee´s all mine.”

Bronze cauldrons for your soups & pans for your stews,
Steel kettles for infusions, that I am sure you will use,
Of copper scrubbed well & hung over bubbling hearth,
Soft shining in the firelight, reflecting my walked path.

Glinting urns for your flowers & your loved one´s blooms,
And I have pretty little pots for your creams & perfumes,
Some with lids, for oils, unguents, & pomades for your hair,
So come on all you lovely folk & please look at my wares.

I´ve lots of watering cans, for your plants & gardens green,
You´ll hear me clanging on the road, long before I´m seen,
There goes the pretty tinker, on her clinking-clanking way,
Please stop here little vendor, as I need a brand new tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment