Thursday 30 January 2014

SOME FOLK:



Some people do, some insist & some folk just duly say,
Do these things, do those, go that way, or simply just stay,
Telling me, I should be doing all sorts of marvelous things,
All running me ragged, confused & running round in rings.

They tell me I should enroll, sign on & with all, to compete,
Try swimming, jogging, running, gym, old lycra clad athlete,
What about cooking class, drama, associations, clubs & all?
And sports, games, in fact, anything involving bat, net & ball.

But may I just say, I am not some folk, I am merely only me,
I am certainly not you, not they, not them, nor am I he or she,
To all those who are Yang, I´m simply & happily just their Ying,
And if they are Ying, I am their Yang & that is the song I´ll sing.

So I plead with those people, some folk, to please leave me be,
Folk, I am not you & never will be, & I really like being just me,
I have no desire to belong, to your club, your tribe or your clan,
I love you all for sure, but leave me be, merely to be my own man.

No comments:

Post a Comment