Saturday 25 January 2014

OAK:



When you are weary of your non-belonging,
Maybe accused unjustly of untrue wronging,
Come into my arms & you, I shall embrace,
Beneath my branches, haven for all displaced.

When the tears on your cheeks begin to freeze,
Come to me; let me fan them dry with my leaves,
And I shall relate to you, old stories & ancient tales,
Of magical little folk, wise owls & wee golden snails.

When you need an ear, a good friend to heed & listen,
Tell the dewdrops upon my leaves, that shine & glisten,
So just let go of all your woes & your sorry sad telling,
I shall perfume you, with fresh green forest smelling.

I know that I may just be an old forgotten tree to you,
Of rugged rough bark & branches, hiding sky of blue,
But I shall embrace you & remove all your sad tears,
I´m an ancient oak tree, removing pain of passing years.

No comments:

Post a Comment