Saturday 4 January 2014

HE SAID:



“Mamma let me invite you for one little drink”, he said,
“No son, I don´t drink, it goes straight to my head”, I said,
“Just one rum-punch Mamma, to loosen the limbs,” he said,
“Alright my son, just one little drink, for all my sins”, I said.

“Mamma come on, let us dance to that Latin beat”, he said,
“Oh no my son, I cannot dance as I have two left feet”, I said,
But one rum-punch later & with the beat of the music playing,
We said, “Ha, this is such fun, now what was it we were saying?”

So he took my hand, this son of the sun, & wow, how we moved,
Bumping & grinding all around we went & boy, how we grooved,
Away we went, jiving, twisting & not forgetting the old hip-hop,
Tapping, rocking, rolling & into the strutting of the old be-bop.

Swirling up, up high we went, then hurling down, down so low,
Skirts flying wild, petticoats showing & rapping with fast flow,
Then came the old soft-shoe-shuffling & the old jitter bugging,
Followed with the slow ones, with everyone Tight & hugging.

“Mamma, you told me you could never-ever woogie”, he said,
“Ha, must be the rum-punch in my feet leading to boogie”, I said,
“Ok, then we shall now do my favourite, the chicken-jerk”, he said,
“Fine son & when that´s done, I shall how you how to twerk”, I said.


No comments:

Post a Comment