Monday 27 January 2014

PLUMED PUB:



“Where are you going to grandpa?” asked the wee little lad,
“I´m off to a place where you can´t go,” said his old granddad,
“Can I come?” asked the boy, “or am I still too small to go?”
“Lad, I am going to the plumed pub, where the nectar flows”.

“I am off to where the quails quaff & the ebon starlings sip,
Where goslings guzzle, in that place where dewdrops drip,
I am going where white swans sup & briny blackbirds booze,
I´m off to where the hummingbirds drink from nectar´s ooze.”

“I´m going to where all little birds gather together & daily meet,
Those of plumes, nebs, beaks, clawed talons & little webbed feet,
I am going to where they celebrate life, with a daily drink or two,
From river, lake, pond, falling rain, birdbath & early morning dew.”

“Grandpa, can´t I come with you, to the pub of pretty plumes?”
“Lad you´re still too young, to sing cacophonies of drunken tunes,
When you grow a bit more & learn all their musical magic words,
Then you´ll be invited, to that drinking place of feathered birds.”

“I am off now to that plumed pub, of all those who soar & fly,”
Where all the drinkers gather, under old gentle trees that sigh,
To that very special place, where plumed friends imbibe together,
Welcoming all those of musical throats & hued colouful feather.”

No comments:

Post a Comment