Sunday 5 January 2014

TABLES REVERSED:



When I was younger & you were quite old,
Then, you nurtured me & I did what was told,
You showed me with patience what I should do,
And from down below, I always looked up to you.

When you reared me up, to the level of your eyes,
And you told me of life & you answered my why´s,
Then, when you opened the door, to let me fly free,
I spread my wings wide & then flew over the trees.

Round & round, my life & even bigger world I flew,
And not glancing back once, it was all thanks to you,
For these gifts; roots of love & these wide wings to fly,
For connecting me to mother earth & to almighty sky.

Now you are as babe, old wrinkled & shrunk knee high,
And so I´ve flown down to you, from my far-away sky,
So now give me your hand & I shall answer your why´s,
I´ll care for you, so rest now Papa & close your old eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment