Tuesday 14 January 2014

POISON:



By God´s almighty hand, to mankind duly given,
Everything man needed, for goodwill to be driven,
Man´s greed & vanity, not to mention cruel deeds,
Spat like serpent´s venom, blighting life´s new seeds.

Harsh tongued words & harder hands, unfortunately rule,
War, hunger, flora & fauna, results of man so very cruel,
Slurping his sorry egotism, from chaliced, cold & icy lip,
 God now looking down, upon earth´s one & only blip.

The injected insect´s venom or serpent´s spittle spat,
Chemical, viral, toxins, germ, from rabid beast or bat,
Belladonna, oleander, fungi, all from nature´s phial,
One poison worse than hemlock, hatred spewed & vile.

Yet God´s almighty presence, not blames or ever spurns,
No matter the fact, that our mankind, never ever learns,
 I put my hands together, “Our Father, forgive me & Amen”
Upon my bended knees I pray, for enlightenment of all men.

No comments:

Post a Comment