Tuesday 14 January 2014

GOD GAVE ME ROSES:



Upon love´s pages of time, you gifted me roses,
With your love, in bouquets, bunches & posies,
Wreath on your tomb, you took roses from me,
Leaving mere branches, of death´s winter tree.

When, I thought that I´d never see roses again,
Drowning in rivers of despair & sorry sad pain,
Until one day, from God´s kind proffered hand,
I was handed from him, roses of sky, sea & land.

He gave roses of pink, upon children’s rose cheeks,
Yellow & gold in the sun, after winters icy & bleak,
Red velvets given, upon lips of the passing hot lovers,
Apricots & lilacs, upon breasts of feathered soft plovers.

Roses in fields, of the sky´s dusks & rosy peach dawns,
The pure saintly whites, within the snow of cold morns,
God gave me roses in life, just to remind me of you,
He promised never to offer, a rose in sad painted blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment