Monday 20 January 2014

CAN YOU HEAR THE SPRING?



Mamma, listen, can you hear the spring-time calling?
No child, I only hear the winds, whipping & squalling,
Mamma, how do you hear spring, when snow is falling?
Child, I hear only the earth, where the frost is mauling.

Mamma, I can hear the spring-time calling now to me,
How child? When all I hear is wailing of sad bare trees,
Mamma, the buds beneath the snow beckon me to see,
Oh child, how fortunate you are & I just wish it were me.

Mamma, I can see the geese, returning from far-off skies,
No child, please do not tell big fibs & your silly little lies,
Mamma, please look up & I am sure you´ll be surprised,
Oh child, tell me, when did you grow to be so very wise?

Mamma, Ssh, listen to the silence, winter no longer drips,
Yes child, I now see peeping buds, just the tiny green tips,
Mamma, why believe spring´s here, if trees are still stripped?
Oh child, I know spring-time´s here by the smile upon your lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment