Friday 3 January 2014

LET ME BE YOUR POEM:



When you search for words, let me be your will,
With your quill to page, I´ll be sun upon your sill,
Let me be the ripple in rhythm, within your rhyme,
Let me be the ancient poetry of your passing time.

Let me be spring flowers upon your lover´s bonnet,
Let me be the adoration within your love´s sonnet,
And upon the parchment, when you scribe quatrains,
Let me be your sun, moon & the gentle drops of rain.

Let me be the Princess in your promised prim prose,
And I am also willing to be your proffered red rose,
In your meandering musings, I shall be your muse,
When writing joy, your smile & when sad your blues.

When you write of love, please let me be your ode,
And deep down in your soul, I shall find my abode,
And when you are angry & want to rend your rage,
Let me be your parchment, silk or your virgin page.

In words, let me be your ocean, field, sky & mossy fen,
I´ll wend wherever you lead, with your quill or errant pen,
And whenever you stop to muse, write & pensively think,
Let it be me, running in your blood as your scribbling ink.

When you´ve lost your way & cannot find the way home,
You shall be guided only by God & eternal earth´s poem,
Let me be the last dirge & eulogy written for your death,
And let me live on in your words, upon heaven´s soft breath.



No comments:

Post a Comment