Wednesday 8 January 2014

THE OLD ME:



Maybe I should change & step it up a tiny bit,
Go out some more & not in front of the telly sit,
To garb my old bones in silk suspender & satin,
Instead of old comfort, that´s all day been sat in,
Creams, lotions & fillers for old wrinkles & frowns,
Maybe to stretch it a bit & look more like a clown,
Extensions in hair, dying of roots now thin & grey,
I have always loved silver, so that´s how I´ll stay,
Sun-beds & lasers, have to tan, not white & pale,
What of skin marbled, which men once did hail?
And maybe to go out more, go strutting & bopping,
To dance more, drink more, do lunches & shopping,
But my skin doesn’t do fiddling & doesn’t like sun,
My feet are too gnarled now, for the dancing & fun,
I love my old garb & drink wine in front of my telly,
And I really don’t like oysters & much prefer jelly,
So please leave me alone, I really enjoy the old me,
I have done all those things & at last now I am free,
Not pretending rude youth, that is long lost & gone,
Now with the freedom at last, to sing my own song,
Loving every minute, of what´s called doting old age,
But this state comes only to those wise, wily & sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment