Sunday 19 January 2014

THE WOMEN OF THE SILVER FEATHER:



 My Mamma passed away, whilst giving to me birth,
The elders took her body & returned her back to earth,
I grew up in the hands of my Grandmother old & wise,
She taught me how to see life through Angel´s gentle eyes.

As a child I played in red dust & pretty freedom´s prairies,
Grandma showed me secrets of elves & nut-skinned fairies,
As good wife I loved so deeply & as a mother, I fairly thrived,
Until that grey day came, when my dearest grandma died.

On her deathbed, grandma took my hand in hers & softly said,
My child, I bestow upon you, this silver feather from my head,
All the women folk of our tribe, of raven hair & born in heather,
Upon their foreheads bear, forelock of sacred silver feather.

Grandmother was duly taken, to far off mountain-top that night,
Awakening on the dawn, upon my head, the plume of silver white,
Sign, of women from our clan, of maid, mother & wise old crone,
I knew then that my grandmother, had at last arrived back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment