Wednesday 29 January 2014

A GENTLE AGEING:



There´s no long life eternal do I want nor need,
Already garbed in wrinkle & old widow´s weed,
Just give me the peace & quiet of my gentle age,
As I now have wisdom of supposed gentle sage.

No harsh dyes & fillers to smooth ruts & crease,
My silver halo flows free & now gives me peace,
For me, no noisy music, of drum or clanking tin,
My melodies now, of wave, bird & breeze, my din.

No hard daubing of face, nor tight silly high-heels,
Just two gnarled old feet, no need for fancy wheels,
Just rose touched cheek, no more need for disgrace,
My gentle ageing, I hold dearly & daily now embrace.

On the dawn of my departing, I shall not be screeching,
Only my old & used up arms, now empty & far reaching,
And on dawn´s song, of sweet & humble turtle dove,
I shall gladly fly up to my original home, far up above.


No comments:

Post a Comment