Sunday 29 June 2014

WHEN I GROW UP:


My dear, when I grow up, from child to maid,

I´ll be beautiful, strong & I´ll never feel afraid,

I shall woo great men & I´ll be so free & wild,

And I´ll leave behind that sweet innocent child.

 

My dear, when I grow up, from the maid to mother,

I shall love by babies, but without need to smother,

I shall be the perfect woman & the soft loving wife,

And from those I love, I shall remove all their strife.

 

My dear, when I grow old, from mother to crone,

I shall be mantled in love & will never feel alone,

I shall be the good granny; they all want me to be,

And I´ll know, that because of me, they´ll all be free.

 

My dear, when that day comes, I shall let you know,

Time has flown by so fast, upon far winds that blow,

I´ve been all those great women, so who am I today?

I´m still all those women, who have now gone away.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment