Monday 2 June 2014

I HAVE KNOWN:


My time has come, but don´t weep for me,

I have walked, run, flown & sailed upon seas,

I´ve known many lovers & laughed with them all,

Gave my heart to just one & not once did we fall.

 

I´ve waltzed with the wind & tangoed with birds,

Whispered to moonbeams, in words no one´s heard,

I´ve swam naked in rivers, with old bullfrogs & sprites,

And I´ve chanted with Druids, around fires at midnight.

 

I have never known hunger, neither hatred & nor war,

I´m blessed on this earth & couldn’t ask for much more,

I´ve loved deeply & been loved, by the only one I adore,

And sons I have raised, until they found their own door.

 

It is no time for weeping, for I have lived full & so well,

I see heaven now beckons & I´ve no time for told hell,

My roots were deeply planted, well watered & sown,

I am blessed truly, for I know, in this life, I have known.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment