Thursday 12 June 2014

THE LETTER:


Dear Mama, I hope this letter finds you well,

I send it to you from this land of hot living hell,

Where red sand mingles with dead men´s blood,

Where tears, the only moisture, turns dust to mud.

 

Dear Mama, how are my sisters & little brother?

I´m sorry about the old car, did you get another?

Tell me, how are the animals & how is the farm?

I try to keep safe & out the way of gun´s cruel harm.

 

Dear Mama, how is your health & are you all alright?

Please don´t forget to lock all the doors at midnight,

I have made good friends here, so don´t fret for me,

I am doing my duty, so that future men may be free.

 

Dear Mama, I must go now, but I just wanted to say,

At night, for us all here, will you please, for all pray?

For me, but too, for the man I shoot, spurn & shove &

Send my letter to God & ask, that he turn hate into love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment