Thursday 5 June 2014

THE PACT:


Remember when we made a pact, way back then, me & you?

No cake, no blooms, nor lace, just the love & the “Yes I do,”

Remember when asked, “Do you take this woman, this man?”

The lawful wedded, the oath sworn & the “Yes I will & I can,”

Words, “For poorer-for richer & the, “In sickness & in health,”

To us, it wasn’t about the contract, or even about the wealth.

 

Remember when we made a pact, long ago, just you & me?

The promise, an oath, a vow, to always love & to always be,

The children came, grew & went, but we stayed & still were,

Through the years we´d become “Us”, not merely him & her,

Money came & went, homes changed in & out of our hands,

And we travelled afar, just us, through so very, many lands.

 

We made a pact, a long time ago, to nobody else, only us,

Heart to heart, soul to soul, based only on our love & trust,

Passion came & then left, but deep tenderness daily grew,

Silver threads appeared, so did wrinkles & old time flew,

Through waxing & waning years of it all, we are still intact,

All because, you & I stayed in love & made that special pact.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment