Friday 6 June 2014

MAMA EARTH:


You have conceived & given us our birth,

I owe it all to you, my dear Mama Earth,

You give me food, from your dark rich soil,

Yet I plunge & plunder, to steal all your oil.

 

You gave me fresh water, to slake my thirst,

You said, “Sip slowly, or else you will burst,”

You said not to be selfish & never be greedy,

Yet, I grab all, without thought for the needy.

 

You gave me trees & flowers, to garb my days,

You said, “Breathe deep & tread soft your ways,”

You told me, that every little creature is my kin,

Yet, I kill & maim for their precious horn & skin.

 

You look at me now Mama, with tears in your eyes,

Don´t cry Mama, I am human, please don´t despise,

You say, “That´s your problem, my own sweet child,

But remember, you´re not the only beast in the wild.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment