Sunday 8 June 2014

GREETINGS FROM MY MORN:


I was greeted by the sun, who said,

Goodbye, to the moon, who stifled her yawn,

And welcome dewdrops, who moisten the dawn.

 

I was greeted by the dawn, who said,

Greetings to my morning, what a beautiful day,

The sun is now shining & all creatures are at play.

 

I was greeted by the raven, who said,

Good-morning, but keep away, my chicks have arrived,

Eggs have now cracked & all my babies have survived.

 

I was greeted by the red squirrel, who said,

These pine-nuts are mine & they are only for my jaws,

And I´ll open them willy-nilly, with my sharp tiny claws.

 

I was greeted by the little quail, who said,

Move out of my way, I have an early worm to stalk,

And if you pass this way, then they´ll hear you walk.

 

I was greeted by them all, one by one,

The little brown wren, rabbit, snail & the turtle dove,

And I sent a silent prayer of thanks, to the Lord above.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment