Wednesday 18 June 2014

THE HEALER AND THE HAG:


The Hag knelt before the healer, pleading his help,

He saw her sad pain & her pitiful plight, he duly felt,

And within the moonlit circle of those Ancient stones,

He whispered to his Gods & tossed his telling bones.

 

Dear old Crone, your crooked feet I may surely heal,

I can mend your knees that may hurt when you kneel,

Your back I may straighten & your eyes I´ll fix to see,

Your old hands I´ll bend to pray, just give them to me.

 

Hag, bent & old, upon cracked knees, praying & kneeling,

Begging the healer for his compassionate good healing,

The healer chanted chants, while stirring strong potions,

Bringing forth magic, in his unguents & mystical lotions.

 

Around the calling-gold-fire, of magic & licking red flames,

Evoking the Ancestors & calling out their known names,

The healer told the old Hag, “That by the sign of the runes,

 Your heart may only be healed, by the blood of old moons”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment