Saturday 7 September 2013

MINION´S MALAISE:



Monday morning hits again, just one of those mundane days,
Gaffer yells, “malingerer”, but I suffer from minion´s malaise,
“Please, quit moaning & chatting & just get on with your work,
The company doesn’t pay you to slack, or in your duties to shirk.

Nobody knows my name, just a girl on long production line,
Popping chocolates into red boxes, carefully & one at a time,
Nobody here knows, that I have a life & little mouths to feed,
 I do this job every day, because it´s just the work that I need.

I´m just a humble young girl, the everyday factory worker,
Working hard for my family, never lazy, nor ever a shirker,
I have my pride & dignity, for my family I deeply love & care,
So look me straight in the eye & insult me if you deem dare.

I know I´m no high class-deb & I know my world is so small,
But I work so very hard & know how to hold my head tall,
The monotony of Mondays, Tuesdays & all the other days,
 Merely boredom & daily grind, of humble minion´s malaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment