Monday 7 April 2014

SPECIAL DAYS:


Don´t give me blooms upon my birthday,

Just take me to where the flowers gaily play,

On anniversaries, I need no bottled perfume,

Just sing from your heart, a sweet filled tune,

On Christmas day, a present´s never needed,

Just listen to my heart; it loves to be heeded,

At Easter, no need for posies & chocolate eggs,

Just stand by my side, to sweeten life´s dregs,

I don´t need candles, the feasts nor the wine,

It´s quite enough, just to know you are mine,

Of Mother´s day, I need no special reminding,

Of birthing my sons, of my caring & minding,

Days of Saints, belong to those who have gone,

I don´t aspire, even in name, to their holy gong,

No candies & cards, upon Valentine´s own day,

Just to feel your warmth & know you will stay,

So roll all celebrations & festivities all into one,

And gift me, as normal, each day as it comes.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment