Wednesday 16 April 2014

GOD´S TREASURES:


God scattered nuggets of sunbeams upon briny sea,

And I knew this gold was meant especially for me,

God strew shining opals upon the moonlight lake,

And I knew then, that all these were for me to take,

God sprinkled diamonds within the drops of the rain,

And I knew that these drops were to remove my pain,

God placed pearls upon petals, within the morning dew,

And he told me in my prayers, “These are just for you”,

God gave me opulent rich fabrics, of pelt, fur & feather,

He said, “Feast your eyes only, you´ve no need for leather”,

God bequeathed me jewels & gems, in the petals of flowers,

And then he sent me sweet kisses, in the soft April showers,

God played me musical orchestras, within the voices of birds,

And he told me to write the lyrics & to sing my own words,

God wrote me poetry of trees & on the waves, told me tales,

And I knew then, the magic of forests & the secrets of whales,

God breathed me soft perfumes, upon his floral sweet breath,

And I´d been given God´s treasures, from my birth till my death.

No comments:

Post a Comment