Friday 18 April 2014

BALLADS, LULLABIES AND SERENADES:


Through a life full of song, he was lulled & soothed,

In old ballads, lullabies & serenades soft & smooth,

He was sung to by birdsong & summer drone of bees,

By the whispering gold leaves, amused by the breeze,

And by old tide´s symbols, conducted by wise moon,

By the waterfalls, wind & rivers, singing arias in June,

Raindrops fall & tinkle, resounding in sweet wet notes,

Cascading into streams & away to seas & oceans float,

“There is no due need for drum, string & flute, he said,

I have all nature´s musical tunes, embedded in my head”,

I have all the best ballads, serenades & dulcet lullabies,

Heed to the sound of the lapwing, as up he soars & flies,

Be still now & listen, go close to your lover´s soft breath,

No music sweeter, to waltz me unto my imminent death.

No comments:

Post a Comment