Monday 21 April 2014

PROMISED GIFTS:


To you, I gifted my maiden´s virginity,

You softly strummed it, upon your humming viol,

Vowing to protect me, from any man deemed cruel,

Promising to defend my honour, in man´s virile duel,

And from that day, within our love, flourished renewal.

 

To you, I gifted my young & yearning heart,

You then stroked it gently, so that it would never break,

Telling it, that you would give it as much as it could take,

Promising my heart, that by you, it would never-ever ache,

You said, that by losing me, there´d be too much at stake.

 

To you, I gifted my innocent, yet very old soul,

You whispered to it, so that it would never-ever grow hard,

Singing it songs & poetry of Druids, scribes & very old Bards,

Promising, that its precious life, you would always safeguard,

And by you, never would it shatter into a million shards.

 

To you, I gifted my being, my whole entire life,

You told it such precious stories, of truths & never-ever lying,

Always finding something new & never-ever tired of trying,

Promising my life, that you´d keep it within your sweet sighing,

And all these precious gifts, you gave, until my soft gentle dying.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment