Tuesday 22 April 2014

I WHO HAVE ALL-HAVE NOTHING:


I, who have all, yet have absolutely nothing,

I who have walls, but views they are blocking,

I who have cars, but I have no time to walk,

I who have a voice, but with no one to talk,

I who have roof, but the skies have now gone,

I who have art, but filling eyes that once shone,

I who have a bed, but it´s just for the sleepless,

I who have love, but it´s only that of the restless,

I who have blankets, but not warmth of the sun,

I who have orchestras, but old songs now unsung,

I who have taps, but have no time for cool streams,

I who have hope, but have now, lost all my dreams,

I who have light, but the moon, my side has long left,

I who have pets by my side, but I still feel so bereft,

I who have climbed to the top, but forgot how to sing,

I who have absolutely all, but I really have nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment