Wednesday 26 February 2014

YOU´RE NOW MY PAST:


Dear Mamma & Papa, this letter´s for the two of you,

It´s a mere missive of appreciation, well now overdue,

I just wanted to thank you, for all you´ve done for me,

For all the times you were my eyes, when I refused to see,

Thank you for spurring me on, when I said I ´d had enough,

 For when you held my hand, when the road got really rough,

For teaching me the right from wrong & always for the best,

And for how to take the best from life & how to leave the rest.

 

I have stumbled, I´ve risen & now walked into my future life,

With all life has to offer, the good, the bad & often the strife,

And I have left you both behind, in my memory´s adult mist,

But please never doubt, that you are dearly & daily missed,

I thank you both, for the child I was & the adult I now am,

With you in my past, I´ll be fine, whatever life has planned,

I´ll take you with me, in who I am & the deeds that I will do,

And for it all, I thank you both, as it has all been due to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment