Sunday 23 February 2014

THAT NIGHT:


I remember that night we met & you kissed my hand,

When we walked on warm beach, upon moonlit sand,

When you touched my cheek, beneath the falling rain,

That night, you whispered words & removed my pain.

 

I remember that night; we waltzed on the day we wed,

When you gave me sweet love, upon our marital bed,

When we strolled in Paris, beneath boulevard moon,

That night, you serenaded me, your unforgettable tune.

 

I remember that night, when our new baby was born,

When you talked me through pain until birth of dawn,

When you told me you loved me & stroked my brow,

That night, long-time ago, but it is as if it were now.

 

I remember that night you left, no choice of your own,

When I had to let you go & then stay here all alone,

When I held your hand & said, “You know I love you”,

That night, I thanked you & away to heaven you flew.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment