Sunday 23 February 2014

HEART AND SOUL:


I will not ever go where the sad dog bays,

I cannot face the place with no sun´s rays,

I will not go where the beaten child plays,

These things hurt for the rest of my days.

 

I cannot go where poor donkey is whipped,

I cannot face the fact that man has slipped,

Nor those, whom life from bottle is sipped,

These things, leave heart & soul sad stripped.

 

I will not look into the beggar´s bowl & eyes,

Nor dry the tears of child, asking his “why´s”,

This does not make me humane, nor wise,

For these things, it´s merely myself I despise.

 

Before God, now upon my old bended knee,

Asking Him desperately with an earnest plea,

“Lord, help me to change all these things I see,

So that I may become, in life, a much better me”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment