Thursday 27 February 2014

CLEANSING:


I peer into the mirror & what do I see?

A woman made up, but is it really me?

I unclip my hair, I comb, long silver-grey,

Now for my face, to cleanse makeup away.

 

Foundation smoothed softly, all over my face,

Covering defects & wrinkles in magnolia base,

Cheeks brushed softly, in faded petals of rose,

 A soft sprinkling of powder, upon shiny nose.

 

Eyes coloured, lids garbed, in liner & black kohl,

Mascara on lashes, to complete the look whole,

Brows neatly arched & marked for elegant face,

Highlighted bones, leaving just the right space.

 

Bright lips smiling, in cherry red & softly kissed,

Recalling lovers long gone & now sadly missed,

Outlined, penciled & then patted matte smooth,

With hanky perfumed & of lace, soft to soothe.

 

With cleanser upon my face, a white creamy veil,

With cotton pad I wipe, leaving cheeks milky pale,

My face, with the woman I know, slowly disappears,

Revealing the real me, alone with all my worldly fears.

 

Brows gone, eyes drooping & every wrinkle be seen,

Every line, groove & rut, life has sure been mean,

Lip thin & mouth turned down, nothing else to say,

Left wondering why, that young girl had to go away.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment