Tuesday 11 February 2014

RAG DOLL:



I´m just a small rag doll, once loved, but now discarded,
Tossed inside a dustbin, on a cold Street & disregarded,
A little girl once cared; she cuddled me tight & loved me,
But she´s long gone now & I ´m left broken dirty & lonely.

An old woman walked past & she looked into the dustbin,
She picked me up gently, then just muttered & grinned,
I was placed into her handbag & went back to her home,
And once again, as remembered, I didn’t feel so alone.

I was washed in warm water, in a soapy lavender bath,
Dried in a big towel & warmed by the light of the hearth,
The old lady repaired me, with needles, cotton & thread,
Garbed in a new dress, I was placed into snuggy warm bed.

The old lady´s new grandchild was born on wet, icy-cold night,
She placed me into the crib, next to the babe swaddled tight,
And I knew it at once, cuddling next to my new little friend,
That I would be loved now forever & never be lonely again.

No comments:

Post a Comment