Friday 8 November 2013

THE PLACE OF SAINTS:



The streets echoed with my lonesome footsteps, each step dancing off the cold stone walls of the ancient cathedral, this place of past praying & of old hymns sent to heaven upon the voices of the now silent Angels.
I run my icy fingers over the ivy-kissed & cracked crevasses of weeping stones & I hear their whisperings, urging me to heed their histories, their stories of past loves, worships & unforgettable tortures, all in the name of their Lord, their God on high.
The clip-clopping of a horse-drawn hearse trundles over the ancient cobbles of my even older mind & the raven dips to greet me in mystic & majestic homage. I wend my way around the old tombs of moss caressed memories, where only poppies & the dead find solace & peace in this mist mantled place. As the moon bends to gently stroke my cheek, I know I am in the place of the saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment