Friday 22 November 2013

DON´T TELL ME:



Don´t tell me of cruelty, nor of man´s sinful wars,
Not of the fruitless hunting of fur, feather & claws,
Don´t show me the tears of the orphaned lost child,
Nor of the abuse by man to all that´s beautiful & wild.

Just sing to me soft sonnets of sweet speckled linnets,
Serenade me chords played upon flute, harp & spinets,
Wax me lyrical, in words of the Celt & long dead Bards,
Bathe me in crystal pools of the rainbow´s hued shards.

Don´t bequeath me hard words upon my poor sore ear,
Let only joy run down my cheek in happily smiled tear,
No drought, no pain, no poverty & no hungry & needy,
I close my battered old senses to all that´s ugly & seedy.

If you show me the horrors that haunt & surround me,
I´ll weep upon this earth, tears of mud, blood & scree,
I´d be crippled by sadness & pain at all of my seeing,
And this world doesn’t need yet another sad being.

No comments:

Post a Comment