Wednesday 6 November 2013

LEAVE ME BE:



Do this-do-that-be-here-be-there-be-everywhere,
Read this book, see this film or show, do you dare?
Join that club, enroll & start a new hobby, all do say,
All harp, trying to convince me of their “right ways”,

Wear what they wear, say & do just as they all do,
And in the end, you are them & are no more you,
Told by all to fit the mould & follow all the sheep,
Dance when they dance & sleep when they all sleep.

 I tell you now, enough is enough & I want no more,
You can all stay on at the party, as I walk out the door,
I do not want to like this & definitely do not like that,
I will not follow the fashion & I shall wear my own hat.

I don´t do fiestas & parties & I abhor any loud noise,
I am better without the crowds, of both girls & boys,
I shall wear whatever I want & I´ll go wherever I will,
Give me the silence of dawn, paper & very sharp quill.

I´m boring, odd, considered strange, by everyone & all,
But now I´m out of the fray, as walk down life´s old hall,
A loner, in the quiet solitude of life, I know that it is me,
So please, just pass me by, knowing to just leave me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment