Friday 22 November 2013

REGRETS-RESENTMENTS AND QUESTIONS:



Looking back into resentment´s dark past,
Searching the regrets that I now deem to ask,
And looking into my mirror´s weary old eyes,
I go over broken promises & blatant told lies.

It´s about have been´s, should have´s & was not’s,
Why´s, would be´s, would not´s, tied up in knots,
The I wanted´s, would like´s & that little “I wish”
The spat words, stamped feet & nasty hurled dish.

And as I muddle through all the old wasted years,
Shedding all those silly, shoddy & sorry sad tears,
Asking the inevitable, why didn´t I, & did I, & why?
Or shouldn´t I have? Or maybe, could or should I?

Resentments, regrets & the old questions now asked,
The searching & questing from my dotage now basked,
Peering through tears & the pane of my old window sill,
I ask, “Will I?” Oh boy, of course, & from now I sure will.

No comments:

Post a Comment