Sunday 3 November 2013

A ROSE FOR THE DEAD:



Remembering the day we met & the day we wed,
Anniversaries, birthdays, days deep in heart & head,
The birth of our babes & you, whom I loved & chose,
The special occasions, bestowed with a kiss & a rose.

Red roses on your lips, blushing pinks upon your cheek,
The pretty bunches in vases, on every day of every week,
Orange ones in autumn, lilac blooms for summer Junes,
Yellows in new spring & whites for pearly ebbing moons.

Roses for all seasons, bestowed in life & in undying love,
But now you´ve gone far away, to your God far up above,
What do I do now with roses, unloved & so not needed?
Sadly unwanted, uncared for, left rotting & un-weeded.

I want so dearly to give you, a perfect rose of opal white,
The colour of snow, of my hair, of my fast & fading sight,
From your portrait, please stretch out your small & pale hand,
 A rose I give with love, to take away to your far-off heaven´s land.

No comments:

Post a Comment