Friday 29 November 2013

LAST RITES:



On her dying bed the priest held her old hand,
“A prayer now, before departing for God´s land?”
She sighed, cried & looked him straight in the eye,
“Yes Father, I´m a sinner & must confess before I die.”

“Forgive me Father for I have sinned in my life,
My husband left, so maybe I was a very bad wife,
My children grew, flew & never again returned,
When I bowed to the moon, by all I was spurned.

“The only sin is upon your husband´s own head,
He who found pleasure in another´s love bed,
Your children flew, as all the young fly away,
No sin of yours, it was not you who strayed.”

“Then why on this day of my lonely departing tide,
Am I so alone with nobody here at my dying side?”
Priest answered, “The sin´s theirs & you’re not alone,
You´re surrounded by Angels who will carry you home”.

The sweet lady smiled & then closed her tired old eyes,
Feeling Angels lift her aloft & carry her to God´s blue skies,
“Thank you Father & now in tranquility & peace I may go”,
And all shed sins left her soul & upon soft winds did blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment