Wednesday 27 November 2013

THE PAINTER OF POEMS:



Painter of poetry, please paint me a poem,
Hue words for my soul to find its way home,
Old odes daubed in pinks & cyan blue skies,
Paint away tears from the little child´s eyes.

Wash whispers of breezes in soft summer trees,
Wax me lyrical cold whites of frosts that freeze,
Please dab me green forests in which I may wend,
In ochre paths of old history which leadingly bend.

Painter of poems, let your quill be your paint brush,
May paintings of words make me swoon & red blush,
Colours of life, of past times & of sweet given love,
May your works of art let me soar up, high like a dove.

On your pages & canvas, let your rhymes be ode birds,
From your quill & pen, soft painted sonnets in words,
Flow me & swirl me in the still paints of your breath,
So I may say, “I´ve loved a poet”, at the hour of my death.

No comments:

Post a Comment