Saturday 30 November 2013

I SHALL HOLD YOU:



Before your conception, you danced deep in my mind,
As an idea & a plan, I held you close, for us to tight bind,
And then in my womb & for nine months, you I had held,
Blood, bone & soul, with a heartbeat to name & to meld.

In my arms you were placed, where I held you so safe,
You filled my emptiness, where the world used to chafe,
And I promised to hold you through all life´s thick & thin,
When you ran to my arms, with tears running down chin.

Then when you stumbled & fell, I just held you some more,
Even when you grew to a man & you walked out the door,
And when you were gone, to fields far scattered & wide,
I still held you tight in my heart son, so deep down inside.

Now I am old & my time on this earth is soon duly done,
There´s one thing I want from you, my own precious son,
Please hold me close to you now, as I leave this old earth,
Just as I held you to me, long, long before your sweet birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment