Thursday 6 June 2013

SOLITAIRE:



Take me away from the madding, giggling & jostling crowds,
To the silence of our God´s arm-cradled & drifting soft clouds,
Where shrieking of war & the yelling of men is no longer heard,
I´ll be the wafting dropped feather on the song of the solitary bird.

Give me no loud music of society, not with massed humanity joined,
I´ll go fighting solo, aloof & clutching at peace, snatched, & purloined,
Let me be the Rock of Gibraltar, solitary lake or lonesome desert isle,
I´ll be that floating autumn leaf, softly alighting far from windfall pile.

Let me be that one single hair from moulting beast´s shedding pelt,
That silent & solitary flake of snow, in fields as it starts to die & melt,
Oh to be that voice of the solitary wolf, the note in that lonely howl,
I´ll be that illusive prey, held within the fortunate beast´s bloody jowl.

As they, I´ll sit alone in the mighty sky, as mother moon & father sun,
I want to be just like them, to be at peace in my space, alone, just one,
The solitary teardrop running down the cheeks of man, woman & child,
I shall be that one for humanity, solitary, free, alone & so very very wild.


No comments:

Post a Comment