Tuesday 25 June 2013

CARIAD:



My sweet cariad on the west winds does call,
Echoes through valleys of my heart´s lone hall,
Weeping songs that plucks at those old strings,
The melancholy tunes from the harp that sings.

Longing for those hugs of Welsh given cwtches,
The wealth of wisdom from Druids & witches,
Give me Cymru daffodils & Eisteddfod´s songs,
The unrequited love of red dragon´s `prongs.

Whisper me the mists of the evergreen land,
And show me the coal in the seams & strands,
Where the miner sings for the love of his hills,
And tears with raindrops mingle & gently spills.

I miss you cariad, with my flesh, blood & bones,
Your voice, calling me on the breeze back home,
“Hwyl”, I hear your breath, “one day, one day”,
I´ll return & in your valleys we shall dance & play.

No comments:

Post a Comment