Friday 21 June 2013

SOFTER CLIMES:



Take me far away to those warm softer climes,
To where curtains waft behind hot siesta´s blinds,
From the cold ice-capped toes & red-nosed rimes,
To where donkeys clop & old church bell chimes.

Take me to where wine is cool & red sanguined,
To where vines & winds in my hair softly entwines,
Far from the ching-ching of sordid nickels & dimes,
To where the birds sing & butterflies flits & mimes.

Take me to dine on delicate fish, flesh without spines,
To sup with runcible spoon & fork of rosewood tines,
Away from acrid beverage & stewed venom maligned,
To quaffing of lemons, mangoes & sweet green limes.

Take me to the briny waves & show me snowy equines,
To where mother moon is so gentle & the sun so benign,
Far from the world with its dross, its slime & grey grime,
To where beneath palms & pines, breezes sing & whine.

Please, take me far away to those warm softer climes,
Where nothing tightens, stomps, nor ties & sorely binds,
Far from the watching of time & always towing the line,
To where I´ll be fine & the peace of the world is all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment