Wednesday 19 June 2013

BEHOLDER OF SECRETS:



I come to you beholder of secrets, upon my bended knee,
Under sky, beneath the canopy of the wise & bowing tree,
I need no sinful confessional, of the priest´s inquisitive ear,
I know that wherever I pray you´ll be near enough to hear.

The whispered words of my dirtied, dallied & daring errings,
Those of dark-midnight-smutty-wonderful but sinful stirrings,
Of all my lyings, the contempt’s & those hurtful & cruel jibes,
I confess only to you & not to those black monastery scribes.

Sending my sins on the airy breeze & in the blackbird´s song,
I send to you, on leaf & wing, all my doing´s I´ve done wrong,
I ask forgiveness & am in no doubt, by you I´m always forgiven,
With your spirit in my soul, I´m loved & daily spurred & driven.

To the beholder of secrets from me, the bestower of sorry sin,
I cannot lose, while I know you´re with me, I can only ever win,
I´ve no need of church, of ministered, mantled & cloistered cloth,
My wrong doings released upon the wings of eagle & moonlit moth.

And my errant sins shall be thawed when snows no longer harden,
And I shall plead for pardon from the pretty spring petaled garden,
And I shall be rinsed clean by storms, oceans & the running streams,
And slumber shall forgive me all in her deep compassionate dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment